Tuesday, July 19, 2005

I'm about to be explaining this post

Recent IM conversation between me and a friend. I'm in regular green font, my friend's in purple. (Keep in mind that when you have typed conversations, replies are often one step behind the statement they're replying to...so try to keep up!)

TMC: When I grabbed lunch today I heard (to me) such a funny exchange. Two guys walk by, one goes "Where you fin to be?" and the other goes "I'm about to be right there." Translation: where are you going to sit? Right over there.
TMC: I like the "I'm about to be _________."
TMC: Like he's psychic about what happens next

FNL: hahahaa
TMC: FNL, I'm about to type the letter J.
TMC: J
TMC: OOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!
FNL: LOL
TMC: Not to be snide. It's actually the whimsy in me coming out. I want to popularize it beyond ebonics
FNL: i'm about to support you.
FNL: yeah
TMC: i'm about to be psyched
FNL: o my, omg. i'm about to...laugh
FNL: LOL
TMC: I'm about to laugh too
TMC: rofl
TMC: ROFL (*editor's note: ROFL means Rolling On the Floor Laughing, and is often symbolized by an emoticon laughing so hard it's crying)
TMC: whew, that was a close one.
FNL: whoa. did you know you were about to cry, too?
TMC: I was almost about to just abbreviate without laughing
TMC: yep.
FNL: i was about to say!
TMC: I said that out loud. you just didn't hear me. I'm about to be misunderstood!
TMC: I said that too
FNL: too late
FNL: i was about to be almost misunderstanding.
FNL: wha?
TMC: Dude, I'm about to be about to being.
FNL: NO WAY!
TMC: Seriously. It just happened. What did I about to tell you?
TMC: Hee hee. Can I post this conversation on my blog?
FNL: I'M ABOUT TO BE FORGOT
FNL: i don't know if i'm about to agree or not.
TMC: It's okay, I'm about to remember you
TMC: you what? Play'a pleeze. Everyone who's anyone is about to KNOW
TMC: ha ha
FNL: O.o
TMC: I'm about to be drinking fruit punch.
TMC: (sip)
TMC: (aaaah)

FNL: i'm about to pee my pants if i am not about to go to the bathroom
TMC: LOL
TMC: I hope you're about to be there
FNL: i'm about to hope, too.
FNL: who you about to be foolin!?
TMC: Ha ha, you were about to be fooled but then you're about to be getting wise to how about to be you are
TMC: word

And that, my friends, is a quality conversation you too can be about to hold with me on IM.

The footnote being, that in the conversation that I overheard that sparked this hilarity, the first guy says, "where you fin to be?" "Fin" is slang for "fixing," or "about," so he actually said "where you fixing to be?" or, more importantly, "where you about to be?" Which shows that he is so obviously not psychic like his friend. Ha!

I'm about to be ending this post!

No comments:

Post a Comment