Thursday, July 14, 2005

Filed under Weird Coincidence number 44NM1A

Recently a coworker, K., joined my gym -- I gave her a guest pass when she was looking into where to join and she got hooked on their fun classes. For the last two months, I've been going regularly -- two or three times a week.

This week I went on Tuesday. Last night I had volleyball so I didn't go.

This morning my coworker caught me as I was walking in and handed me my gym card...which I didn't even know I was missing.

The gym's lockers are set up so that you insert your card on the inside of the specially-made lock and said insertion allows you to pull the key on the outside out of the lock when you close it. The locker is thus locked. When you return the key to the lock, the card is released for you to take home.

So here's the coincidence part: My coworker went to the gym last night, walked into the locker room, and somehow selected the exact same locker I'd used the night before -- where my card, which I must have forgotten to take out, was still sitting -- undisturbed -- 24 hours later. Either no one happened to use that locker until K. came in, or any one who did open it decided to leave the card there, without turning it in at the front desk or taking it themselves. And then K. just happened to walk in, choose that locker, and find it!!

What's more, I was going to go to the gym today but changed plans to go shopping with Leslie for a birthday present for another friend -- so if it weren't for K., I would have had NO idea where my card was come Monday.

Lucky Ducky! Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment