Friday, July 15, 2005

AAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!

As I recall, my friend Jack was the one who figured out* that if your store-bought coffee is leaking with no perceptible looseness in the cap, the culprit may be the seam of the cup, which, if perfectly oriented towards your mouth, will sometimes, under the pressure of all the coffee tipping towards your gullet, create a tiny airspace under the cap from which to leak.

As you can probably tell by the subject heading, this happened to me today.

However, while we're discussing coincidences, I submit to you the following:

1. I indulge in mochas sporatically.

2. I chose to wear a WHITE skirt today.

3. Said white skirt not only shows brown coffee stains in the starkest contrast of any other pants or skirts I own...

4. ...it also TURNS TRANSPARENT WHEN WATER IS APPLIED to clean it.

If you need me, I'll be rendered immobile behind my desk for the next hour, thank you very much.

*I very much wanted to cite the specific reference on Jack's website, House of Cheer. So I hit CTRL F "coffee" through each and every one of his monthly archives until I found it in March '04...that's 33 times for just one reference. Do me a favor -- at least GO and read what he wrote!! Click on the hotlink! He really explains it so very well...and consider yourself WARNED!!

No comments:

Post a Comment