Monday, July 07, 2003

Today was the first day that I didn't wake up cringing. The moon is waxing, and it's time to move on. I went to the garage today where they provided me with an estimate: $2,400.00 Thank heavens for deductibles. I also heard from the other girl's insurance company today, which means this accident is pretty much wrapped up. I just have to get my car back -- their estimate for that is the 18th. That is, if Subaru gets the parts to them by the end of this week. He showed me underneath the wheel and there's more damage than initially met the eye -- metal folded back, damage to the bumper, stuff like that. But they think they can iron out the metal that's wrinkled under the quarter panel instead of having to replace it.

Funniest moment today: I went to the DMV and asked the lady at the first desk, "Um, hi, I'm here to fill out a traffic incident report and to pick up a driver's manual..." The look on her face was perfect.

I think today I am finally starting to get inklings of falling in love with San Fran, but I don't want to jinx that. A definite perk, however, is eating a huge, good meal and then ALWAYS walking it off. Living on an incline is the perfect anti-guilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment