Wednesday, May 05, 2004

Today I had my pre-employment physical. Basic physicals are incredibly silly. In sum, they had me pee in a cup, identify colors on different signs, cover each ear while facing a wall and repeat a whispered number, stand on a scale and have my weight and height measured, read a line of letters on an eye chart several feet away, and then read a paragraph of the smallest print I could see from a card I held in my hand. They then had me change into a paper gown and looked into my eyes, ears, and throat, listened to my lungs and heart, palpated my belly, banged my knees, had me close my eyes and hold my palms up and then proceeded to swiftly knock each palm and then each shoulder (is that a test for balance, reflexes, vertigo, what??) and finally had me touch my toes and arch backwards. Upon doing all of these ridiculous things, I was pronounced healthy and told to go.

Based on these activities, kindergartners seem to check each others' health ALL THE TIME.

Oh, and I spent the 5 minutes I had waiting for the doctor to come in counting the Pooh stickers on the wall. There were 11 tiggers, 13 poohs, and 12 eeyore/piglets.

Goo goo gah ga and adieu.

No comments:

Post a Comment