Monday, May 31, 2004

I changed the title of my blog (note, this does not affect the URL, a.k.a. the web address, so don't worry) because House on Wheels just didn't seem proper any more. I was indeed once very mobile (in fact, within two weeks, the anniversary of my road trip will arrive, and two weeks after that, as of July 1, my one year anniversary in SF) -- mobile in flesh, mobile in mind, mobile in spirit -- but none of that's true right now. Circumstances have conspired both to cement me in the Bay area (yay job!) and to cement me from traveling for work (I said, YAY job!). As for mobility of mind and spirit...those are a little stagnant right now. A great deal of personal issues* have cropped up in the last three months, added to the long term anxiety of finding a job, paying bills, etc. Now that I have a wonderful job, I at last have the time to tackle these issues -- I'm going to Landmark in two weeks, which is VERY exciting, and I'm exploring local Al-Anon meetings in the hopes of finding one that I can attend weekly. June is going to be a revolutionary month for me, and I'll do what I can to keep you posted.

All of that in mind, I've changed the blog name to Dwelling. It is both a synonym to my last name (and thus an homage to the previous blog name) and a synonym for the act of recounting, though with slightly more obsessive connotations. I hope you like it.

*(To respect the privacy of the people around whom these issues revolve, I'll refrain from getting into them. Most of you who would want to know the gritty details do, and most of you who would rather not, don't, so I'm pretty sure this isn't as much of a tease as it seems. I'm open to discussing them privately if you'd like to.)

No comments:

Post a Comment