Monday, May 03, 2004

During the weekly Monday conference call today, Irma announced my presence as a new hire. She then pointed out that I also "said I bake a mean muffin." (In a fit of hubris, I had written that on my application under "other talents & skills." Looks like I'm going to have to put my money where my mouth is...or their mouth where my money is...or something.) The next woman who spoke also announced a new hire, though she admitted she "didn't know anything about HIS baking skills." Which prompted me to promise to help him.

This is a fun place.

Permanent jobs aside, I got to hang out with some of my old Auburn/Merced coworkers this Friday, and the really great thing about that job was them. I have 5 or 6 people I (hope to) see monthly whom I otherwise would never have met. They're funny and intelligent and I consider myself lucky.

Happy May!

No comments:

Post a Comment