Friday, March 26, 2004

So yesterday I thought I was experiencing my first earthquake. Not long after I got into the office, my whole desk began to vibrate, as did those around me, for about 10 seconds. There was no "rolling" sensation as is often the description for the earthquake sensation, but there was off and on shaking -- desks, chairs, through the floor -- for a couple hours. I was thinking to myself, if this is how the warning shock is going, this might be HUGE.

I then went to a coworker's office to ask a question and saw out the window that a clump of construction workers was steadily drilling an enormous support pillar into the ground not 100 yards from our building. There was no noise somehow or it would have been a lot more obvious.

0 for 3 on experiencing earthquakes and counting -- albeit trepidatiously.

Turning to lighter subjects, Alexis is in town for a workshop this weekend. I made Steve's PB Fudge for a potluck last night and it was a huge hit (there are a lot of really big fans of peanut butter out there). And Sunday is supposed to be a sunny 73 degrees, so we might get to play some volleyball. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment