Thursday, March 04, 2004

So many updates...so little time. Chad is here and it's great -- things are going truly well. He's been applying boldly like no man applied before -- Brooks Brothers, sure, since he worked there in Santa Fe, but Saks 5th Avenue, Pink, Burberry, and even Armani! We took a day off to work on resumes, then hit the pavement today. Chad interviewed at Certified (the agency that got me my recent job) and then we walked to 5 other agencies where we dropped off our resumes, occasionally filled out applications and computer tests, and just generally tried to make it clear that we were human beings with faces and hopes. At the very last agency, Jackson Personnel, they took one look at my resume and whisked me off to the back to take no less than 5 skill tests...and then offered me a job starting tomorrow!! Apparently a local San Francisco Health Charity was looking for a temporary admin/clerk who was 'familiar' with medical terminology, but in the absence of that, they figured a Phi Beta Kappa would do. I pointed out that my mom is a registered nurse, so I got my fill of medical terminology. ;)

I think that's everything -- I'm very excited to work for a charity, even if only temporarily...

No comments:

Post a Comment