Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Okay, this has to be one of the funnier things that has happened to me in ever so long a time.

This weekend Leslie and I went to Nordstrom's so she could spend a long-ignored birthday gift certificate. It just so happened that Nordstrom's was having a promotional event for Uggs, the ubiquitous ugly yet ever-so-comfy sheep skin boots seen on starlets for the last few years. This promotion involved signing up for a contest to win Uggs and a $100 gift certificate to Nordstrom's, trying on a pair of uggs in their new spring colors, and then getting free water/juice, a free foot massage, etc. So we decided, why not?

Uggs are comfy but I wasn't all that impressed. Leslie was a bigger fan than I. I could understand buying them if you live in a cold clime, but since my move to San Francisco, it would be way too trendy to rock them...

So naturally, what happens next?

With no warning, a pair of Uggs was on my doorstep this morning. I won the Uggs. In a color called 'Orchid,' dark pink.

I was on my way to work so I have yet to see if they included the gift certificate.

My life is astoundingly serendipitous in a hilarious and frequent kind of way.

No comments:

Post a Comment