Tuesday, April 13, 2004

More things about CDTN:
1) Even if *I* want to donate my organs, my family has to give consent. Thus I want you all to know should anything happen, I want to donate my organs. Please give your consent. (Note: I have actually been signed up as a donor since the day I got my first driver's license. This is not job propoganda!)
2) The building housing CDTN has bathrooms that alternate floors. Unfortunately, I am on a men's bathroom floor, so I have to go up or downstairs to use the bathroom. The upstairs bathroom has a mirror on the paper towel dispenser -- which gives me a great view should I need to preen my belt. Sigh.
3) This job is part time because my boss takes classes on Friday. Thus I won't be working Fridays for the next month. Yes!
4) The benefits start as soon as I stop being a temp. (Mr. Jackson is going to chat with Irma this week to see if/when they want to hire me. As soon as I am not receiving pay checks from Mr. Jackson, I'll have benefits.)
5) Donors up to the early 70's in age can donate. A 72 year old was found healthy enough to donate in the last week, while a 71 year old could not. So while my very, very distinguished father is probably exempt from being a donor, the rest of you should do some serious thinking and sign up. One donor can benefit 7 people -- heart, both lungs, both kidneys, liver, and pancreas. Not to mention tissue and corneal donations. Imagine 'leaving' on that kind of note; I believe if St. Peter starts listing off your sins and you rebut with "One Heart, Two Lungs, Two Kidneys, One Liver, and One Pancreas, thankeeverymuch" he will most decidely say "Touche. Please come in."
6) No, I do not win a toaster for signing up a certain level of donors.
7) They order too much food for meetings, so there's lots of free lunches in my future.
8) The IT guy misspelled my name as "Elize." I must say, though, it's a step up from Elisa or Elsie.
9) My boss is very pleasant, reserved, and smiles easily. She's been working here for 20 years. These two facts lead me to believe that working here is a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment