Monday, April 12, 2004

Easter was a sleeper hit. I awoke after a late night of dancing to a phone call from Leslie inviting me to breakfast at her house -- and by breakfast I mean FEAST. She, Duke, Chad and I went shopping and then cooked for an hour: rosemary home fries, spinach & feta omelettes, jack and pepper and onion omelettes, strawberry, chocolate chip and/or banana pancakes, biscuits and gravy, cinnamon french toast (I made that one -- amazing how easy it is) -- complete with bloody marys and mimosas. Considering that there were only four of us (well, Laura came home just as the meal was ready -- excellent timing) it was a considerable amount of food. And everything, I mean all of it, was good -- cooked just right, nothing burned, nothing broke, nothing bland. It was like Thanksgiving only brunch and Easter. We spent the rest of the day Sea Lion styles -- lolling about with full bellies and chatting aimiably.

I hope you all had as wonderful an Easter.

Today is my first day at the Donor Transplant Network -- it's VERY interesting. I'll update further later. I still intend to fill you in a bit about how SF deals with the homeless problem as well. ;)

p.s. just discovered quite an odd but delicious "new" drink -- grasshoppers. (Creme de Menthe + Vodka + Cream on the Rocks with a Cherry = Green Milky Cold Scrumptiousness). A few of us got together for happy hour on Thursday night and went to a bar in the mission that specializes in Grasshoppers. If you try it, though, save it for last -- it's very much a dessert drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment