Tuesday, January 20, 2004

So this switching hotel business ain't so hot. I have yet to test out the pool but the neighborhood is sketchy enough (as is the 24 hour overcastness) that I'm not so excited to try it...it's not even lap-size either. This morning at 5:15 I was awoken by a man calling out several names -- John John, Mikey, Mr. (L name that I can't really recall) and banging on an entire section of the 2nd floor doors. (This is one of those hotels where you enter your room from an outside walkway; there are no interior halls.) This included mine, both in his first and second sweep, and it was pretty nerve-wracking, because whomever this guy was looking for certainly didn't pop his head out (if he existed at all) and so his second sweep involved swearing and declaring how 'furious' he was. Yipes. By 5:30, when his voice faded and finally disappeared, I was wide awake and timidly watching Iowa caucus results.

All votes are to return to the Ramada next week. (~_-) This is not yet confirmed but the alternative is insufferable...

Happy MLK Jr. Day, belatedly. I spent my long weekend watching movies (Calendar Girls and Along Came Polly -- both pleasant enough), ice-skating, and catching up on Buffy Season 5 with Leslie.

No comments:

Post a Comment