Friday, January 02, 2004

My new year's was spent keeping my friend company at the restaurant he works at and thereby gaining a 4 course meal with Chad at my side. It was a not unclassy affair and very enjoyable.

Looking back on it, the high point of the year was probably my road trip -- a celebratory, adventurous, exciting good time. The low point was probably my car accident. As the new year begins, I feel a real sense of accomplishment. Slowly but surely, it's my own feet that are doing the walking beneath me. A close friend expressed admiration to me today that I had actually managed to move to San Francisco from Connecticut, and seem to be fitting in here fairly well. This view surprised me, because I am still unsure of my niche here; but to know that, on a larger scale, I'm finding a general 'place' here, is gratifying. I hope this coming year, whatever its forseeable challenges and joys, will bring further success.

Happy New Year everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment