Tuesday, September 30, 2003

This is going to be a whirlwind, this travel thing. By Monday morning the drive out here Sunday night (a mere 2.5 hours) seemed like it had occured years ago, and I can hardly remember the weekend. Of course, I've been experiencing a sense of time dilation ever since I got to California: I wake up each morning with every previous day feeling like it occured eons ago. I feel as though I've been in California for a year by now (I can't believe it's just barely been 3 months), if not more, and I feel as though I've spent half of it in Auburn, though it hasn't even been a full 2 weeks.

This time dilation is not the bad "I'm bored" kind, just an odd sensation, as though my internal clock revs way up at some point, and when it stops I snap to, completely mystified that only a day has passed.

For those of you who are constantly exhausted by a monontonous job of endless paper pushing, I highly recommend going for a swim every day at the end of the work day. It ebbs all that repetition right off your body, and more importantly, your psyche. I don't know WHAT I'm going to do when I get a permanent job that does not involve a hotel with a pool, but I'm living it up for now. The hotel also has a hot tub, so even when Auburn starts to get chilly, I'll have a post-work-day-soak to look forward to...

Love and water jets to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment