Wednesday, September 17, 2003

So this is what, under attorney-client privilege, I am allowed to say: I am working for a consulting firm at an electric company to aid them in an internal audit. ;)

Today's meeting went well. Most of the day was spent learning exactly what we'd be doing, where we'd be going, and meeting our team leaders and the E.C. affiliates. There are 6 teams, each of which will be sent to two major areas. I ended up in one of the teams that starts out in Auburn -- Northeastern CA -- and then moves to the Santa Rosa/Eureka area. For now it will mean driving 5-6 hours in a van with 4 other people (3 other temps and our team leader) every Sunday and Friday afternoon and staying in a hotel all of the corresponding nights. The good news is, we are paid for all of that driving time (which means lot$ of overtime) and we get the food allowance as well, so...essentially I will have little to no expenses besides rent and bills from now until late January.

My team seems cool -- two guys, another girl, myself, and our team leader (who's a girl). They all seem nice, charismatic, diligent. I have a positive outlook on this one.

I'll do my best to stay in touch -- we may or may not have internet access, and I'll be avoiding using my cell phone until after 9pm PST or on weekends, since last month's bill was a whopper, plus I'll be busy anyway. But those are loose guidelines and not to be considered restrictions.

Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment