Thursday, February 23, 2006

Beethoven's 5th Drilling

The DDS that I go to offers you headphones and a discman with an assortment of cds to listen to during his procedure. Yesterday I selected disc 2 of "Favorite Beethoven" because it has Fur Elise on it, and I figured that would be soothing. And it was. Today I figured I'd stick with the theme and listened to disc 1.

I am fully convinced that there is no more appropriate song to be listening to while awaiting the dentist's drill than Beethoven's 5th Symphony. You know, the one that goes:

dunh dunh dunh DUNH!!
dunh dunh dunh DUNH!!

The one that exemplifies tension and trauma and anxiety all comingled together and resulting in constant explosions with resounding silence...and then starts all over again.
Not that this is what the dentist is actually like. Just that this is what *waiting* for the dentist to *drill* is like.

Last night at about 9:30pm the pain in my jaw and teeth on the right side finally ebbed away, and they have been fine ever since. Now that the anesthetic is wearing off on my left side, I could use a little Moonlight Sonata until about 9:30pm.

I'm going to rush off to my amazon wish list and put Favorite Beethoven on it right now! Any self-respecting "Elise" should own it anyway.

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment