Friday, August 13, 2004

Where have I been?

Singing Karaoke. Working. Going to an A's game with my entire organization. Seeing movies -- the remake of the Manchurian Candidate -- I'd seen the 50's version my freshman year in college. The new one is much gorier, but certainly an interesting update -- corporations are the enemy in this one, rather than communism. Denzel was pretty amazing, though I did love Frank Sinatra in the old one. Also saw Collateral last night, which is sort of a standard action thriller, though not nearly as suspenseful as you'd expect. My over all impression of it is that it was too glossy. Steve gave it a C+, I gave it a B; we both appreciated Tom Cruise's and especially Jamie Foxx's performances.

Steve's best friends are two sets of engaged couples. This weekend, the first set "bites the dust." On a boat at the wharf. Should be pretty interesting. I shall take this opportunity to go dress shopping -- need something formal enough for a wedding, low key enough so that I don't threaten the bride's spotlight, and warm enough for a boat at dusk.

Good thing I love a challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment