Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Last night I fired up the ol' fondue pot for a little shindig with 3 of my friends. SO MUCH FUN. The fondue was a gruyere/emmentaler mix with some fume blanc, a teeny bit of garlic, and lemon juice -- soOoOoOoOo good -- with ciabatta cubes, red, orange and yellow bell pepper slices, carrot slices, granny apple slices, broccoli, cauliflower and mushroom heads, pan fried garlic and artichoke sausages slices, and honey wheat pretzel rods for dunking. DELICIOUS. I was pretty proud of the spread. When we sated ourselves on savory, I threw some semi-sweet chocolate, half and half, and a little triple sec into a double boiler and made chocolate dessert fondue with marble pound cake, marshmallows, strawberries, bing cherries, and my favorite of the night, raspberries for dunking.

I am one fat and happy and accomplished-feeling girl this morning!! Mom & Steve, thanks again for the fondue pot for Christmas. And anyone who wants to try it, come and visit soon -- I'd be happy to do it again, any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment