Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Hmmmm, another post about food: Leslie and I found a GREAT new restaurant called Espetus Churrascaria. It's an all you can eat (but classy) brazilian barbecue with a prix fix of about $29 a plate -- but when I say all you can eat, I mean MEAT. MEAT MEAT MEAT. YUM. In the back they have a side-dish bar set up with salad and cous cous and beets (chowed on those, great beets) and potato salad and stuff. Basically different kinds of salads. You fill up on that and go back to your table, which is when the fun begins. Servers come by with enormous skewers on which is a type of meat, which you can try or decline. Leslie and I tried roast beef, beef ribs, chicken, the chef's special sirloin, and the house favorite, TOP SIRLOIN. (We declined the lamb and the chicken hearts, and I think they ran out of the sausage, though I saw they had some when we arrived.) The top sirloin was the tip top kaleidiscope of delicious. Seriously. It was cut SO thin, it was SO smooth and moist, their signature flavor is smokey, when I first put it on my tongue I was so enamored of how good it was that I didn't want to CHEW! (And I didn't, until Leslie made fun of me.) Amazing. And they come by a lot. They actually have a little sign wheel on the table that says "YES PLEASE" or "NO THANK YOU" so that you can designate when you need time to consume and digest. They also served us fried bananas (which I, of course, couldn't eat, but Leslie reports that they're awesome) and grilled pineapple, which was mouth watering.

After that display of culinary prowess, I HAD to try dessert. I selected the marscapone & ricotta cheesecake with raspberry sauce. Amazing. Simply amazing. The smoothness of the marscapone and the lumpiness of the ricotta play so well off each other -- not to mention the flavor combination -- that the cheesecake was both smooth and dense at the same time, without being too much of either. YUM.

Visitors be forewarned: all visits will now include a trip to Espetus. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment