Monday, February 09, 2004

I start this new week in Mer-dead a new person. I decided at long last that my experiment with growing out my hair was done. It's been over 2 years since I shaved my head for Mary's birthday and it was time for a change. Nothing drastic, just something more me. Leslie and I had a girly day on Saturday -- we got fingernails and toenails 'done' (Mom, cancel your pre-SF nail appointment in April, this place is awesome and will do BOTH for $15 total...with no sacrifice of quality -- in fact, they do more than your CT woman does!!) -- the last manicure I had was at Christmas over a year ago, and the last pedicure was the September before that. In case you're misinterpreting me: it wasn't so much a sudden farcical misappropriation of femininity pre-coif-change as much as it was a means of relaxing and being fussed over, which I, for whatever reason, sorely needed. (Hey, when's the last time YOU turned down a foot massage? Exactly.) I then went to a walk-in salon in Noe Valley which had gotten rave reviews in articles and had them cut my hair about an inch above my shoulders, and then layer it and give it texture. In other words, it's a choppy, sporty kind of look that suits me perfectly. And it was only $21. You heard me correctly. (~_-)

I hope you all are succeeding in being bargain-pampered as well. Although, don't settle for less unless you have to -- you deserve the best. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment