Friday, August 15, 2003

I have a job.

It's temporary, admin assistant to a Financial Services group in downtown San Francisco. 3-4 weeks.

I have to thank Barbara for her indirect help with this one -- she emailed me some monster.com jobs, which prompted me to upload my resume to monster.com and make it searchable by any employer. Thus a national staffing agency in Illinois saw it and contacted me on Tuesday about this job! I didn't even have to work for it -- they saw that I had plenty of admin experience and want me to start work on Monday, no interview necessary. What clinched it, apparently, was that they saw I was from Wesleyan. The recruiter who called me hadn't heard of Wes but they sure had, and she said they're very excited...

Anyway, Helen -- a teacher of mine at Rumsey in 5th grade -- is checking her connections for more permanent teaching jobs, and I'm still actively looking myself. But at last, a break through and a little peace of mind. And just in time to tell the Landlord, whom I meet with today! (It may not have longetivity but it at least proves my viability in the job market...I hope.)

No comments:

Post a Comment