Tuesday, May 31, 2005

I can't believe tomorrow is June.

Had a nice memorial day weekend -- mostly relaxed, somewhat social -- caught up on errands and sleep on Saturday; Jules (my good friend from freshman year at Wes) was in town so I spent a large part of Sunday hanging out with her, which was an unexpected pleasure; Steve and I spent about an hour on Ocean Beach yesterday, sitting on the sea wall watching people and dogs and kites frolicking. We also did a drive by tour of the memorials in San Francisco, the legion of Honor, the WW1 and Holocaust memorials, the presidio and the military cemetery.

This weekend will mark my first trip to San Diego, to watch two of our friends participate in a marathon benefitting the leukemia & lymphoma society, and to finally check out the hippo exhibit at the zoo there. It will be a quick jaunt -- won't even interfere with work - but I'm looking forward to it.

Happy Memorial Day to my Dads and half-brother, Skip, and to all the other veterans I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment