Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Thanksgiving was a huge (and by huge I mean enormously fattening) success. I even made the pumpkin pie this year, thanks to a coworker's recipe, and it came out shockingly well. It's amazing what a thrill one can get from the simple act of creation -- in this case, baking.

My newest addition to my nutcracker collection is a Jester, signed by Steinbach himself. VERY cool. The jester was the unofficial mascot at EWS, thanks to Revels.

We also were treated to a delicious meal at a decadent new restaurant in Colonial Williamsburg -- the Fat Canary. I adore their insignia, which I'll post shortly.

We're finally being plunged into our 'winter' here in California -- I'm freezing today!! The local weather report has today's temp at 53 degrees...have I grown SO thin-skinned?? They'll make a cali-girl of me yet...Steve pointed out that only in California does winter mean that everything turns green. And it's true. The famous tall grass coating the rolling hills of California that gave it its nickname -- the golden state -- turns a lush green during the fall thanks to the cooler temps and added precipitation.

2 weeks from Thursday Steve and I will be on a plane to the East Coast. I can't believe it, and I can't wait. In the meantime I'm throwing myself headlong into the gauntlet that is Christmas shopping...so much stuff, so much cost, so hard to make a decision...

No comments:

Post a Comment